This week started out bright when I was taken by surprise to discover that Cameron from Diary of a Southern Millennial had nominated me for the Liebster Award. Cameron is a new blogger like myself that writes about the wondrous world of adulthood through the eyes of a millennial. Her posts are always a joy to read. I definitely recommend checking them out! Thanks again for nominating me!
If you are unfamiliar with this award like I was, this is probably the time when you are sitting at your computer wondering what exactly this award could be.
Here is what I got from Cameron:
About The Liebster Award:
The Liebster Award is given to new bloggers from other new bloggers. It’s a way to get our blogs out there and share the love! Here are the rules:
- Post 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator has asked you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask them 11 other questions
- Let them know that you’ve nominated them
- Be sure to link up with the blogger who nominated you!
…How fun! I think this is a great way to network and connect with other bloggers.
Now, let’s begin:
11 Facts About Me:
1. My favorite animals are dogs and cows.
2. I have a twin brother.
3. We have an awesome aquarium in our house and I named two of the fish after my husband and I. They are pretty much inseparable in the tank (so cute!). People have told me that I’m obsessed with our fish which is probably true.
4. I met my wonderful husband in high school and we have been together ever since!!
5. I was a dancer for 13 years growing up and ballet was my favorite type of dance.
6. Philadelphia will always be one of my favorite cities in the world.
7. I’m working towards getting my BBA in Accounting. I started going to school as an English major but I switched to a business degree because I (ironically) did not want to write so many papers. I have to take a couple more classes until I get my degree.
8. I’m getting my scuba diving certification this summer! I can’t wait!
9. I went skydiving with my husband (who was my boyfriend at the time) on my 18th birthday.
10. I love baking desserts but I’m trying to maintain a healthy diet so I don’t bake as much as I’d like to anymore. I’m definitely a chocoholic though.
11. I’m very new to photography, but so far I love it. My favorite things to take pictures of are places in nature. I use my camera almost everyday.
What I have been asked:
1. How long have you been blogging?
It has almost been 2 months since I have started blogging!! I can’t believe it’s been that long already!
2. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
My favorite thing about blogging is sharing what I have experienced or created with others as well as the creative aspect of it. I love knowing that I might be helping someone out by giving them a new recipe to try out or a new craft to create and I love sharing what I have come up with.
3. What is your least favorite thing about blogging?
Hmmm…I guess my least favorite thing about blogging is that it can be overwhelming at times. Even when I accomplish so many things for my blog, there is always something else I feel like I should get started on. I guess that can be a good thing depending on how you look at it.
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Macchu Picchu in Peru. I’ve wanted to visit Macchu Picchu ever since I learned about it way back when during my Spanish class in high school. I am just so attracted to the culture, history, and magnificence of it all. Plus, I love hiking. I cannot wait until we plan our trip to go there.
5. What’s your favorite food?
My favorite dish is Chicken Parmesan. My favorite sweet is chocolate anything and my favorite vegetable/fruit is a tomato!
6. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
Well, I really love both cats and dogs, but if I had to choose I’m definitely a dog person. I never had a cat of my own and probably never will because I’m allergic to cat hair.
7. What’s your favorite movie?
The Sound of Music and Edward Scissorhands (just because I <3 Johnny Depp!).
8. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
There are so many great memories from my childhood. Right now, I really cherish the time that my family and I visited Coney Island in NYC and ate at the original Nathan’s hot dog hut and went on all the rides there.
9. What is your favorite way to relax?
Taking a nice-smelling bath and reading my book!
10. What tv show are you currently watching?
Better Call Saul and Friends (for the first time ever!!).
11. What advice would you give to new bloggers?
Be patient and know that everything is not going to happen over night. Have faith in yourself and everything you do!
Who are my nominees?
Over the past couple of days, I have taken some time to remember and discover 11 new blogs that I find really outstanding. Finding 11 bloggers to nominate was actually a lot harder than I imagined it would be. After a few days of searching through comments on my posts and Facebook, I finally have a list together. Now, I only told some of these bloggers that I would be nominating them for this award. The others will probably be taken surprise but, I hope that they are delighted to hear this news like I was! Anyways, here is my list of nominees….
1. Leslie at www.leslieleon.com/
2. Nicole at www.nicoleparise.com/
3. Dawn at www.mombutnotamom.com/
4. Adriana at www.eatingfresco.com/
5. Lauren at www.laurenorderblog.com/
6. Chelsea at www.chelseapearl.com/
7. Britt at www.alternativelyspeaking.ca/
8. Kay at www.blissbykay.com/
9. Kaylee at www.kayleemarieblog.com/
10. Lindsay at www.parismeetboston.com/
11. Veronika at www.departurearrivals.com/
Congrats to all!
Now I challenge you all to answer these 11 questions and keep the thread going..
Here it goes!
11 Questions for the nominees:
1. What is the best blogging advice you have received so far?
2. What is the best non-blogging related advice that you have ever received?
3. How did you come up with the name for your website?
4. What is one goal that you have for the upcoming year that you are determined to achieve?
5. What is one goal that you have achieved in the past year that you are especially proud of?
6. If you could be any animal instead of a human, what type would you be?
7. What is your favorite hobby and why?
8. Who is your role model?
9. If you could choose any TV show, book, or movie character to be your best friend, who would you choose and why?
10. If you only had one chance to time travel for a day, what time period would you choose and where would you go?
11. What is the one thing that you cannot live without?
Alright, I hope the nominees find this award as enjoyable as I did. Again, I’d like to thank Cameron from Diary of a Southern Millennial for nominating me to receive this fabulous award and I encourage everyone to check out her posts.