Pearl Innovations has been officially revived! If you have tried visiting my site the past few days, then you know that I was experiencing some technical difficulties. For those that are unaware, there were issues with our server over here in the world of Pearl Innovations. These issues caused my website to go down for about the past two weeks or so. Well, it would have been revived a lot earlier, but we had to wait for shipping on some parts for the server. Luckily, my amazing IT guy (my super smart husband) has resolved these issues and everything is now running smoothly on my site again.It’s a true website miracle that everything is exactly how it used to be after everything that happened.
Anyways, let’s not fret too much about the past. Pearl Innovations has now been live for 2 months and that deserves some recognition. Okay, so it has actually been 2.5 months but, who is counting? Last month, I made a post similar to this one that outlined my goals and accomplishments for the current and upcoming months. Now, I will be honest and say that I only officially achieved 2 out of the 3 goals that I stated last month, but I am happy with those results. I did not get 100 subscribers to my blog just yet, but I did set up my website’s email (email@example.com, feel free to say hi 🙂 ), and I did, however, figure out those mysterious Pinterest Group Boards.
Speaking of the Pinterest Group Boards, a few people from my last post asked me to report back how they went once I figured them out. This month, I did notice a huge increase in the amount of repins that my posts were achieving, but I cannot tell if this is directly related to my participation in the group boards since I did other things like up my Pinterest networking game and improved my vertical images. If you are wondering how to find the group boards, the easiest way for me was to find that were started by other bloggers. Whether the group boards are significantly helping me succeed on Pinterest or not, I feel good about posting my pins there so that it gives many more people the opportunity to view them.
What New Things Happened in Month 2?
There is quite a bit of exciting news going on in the world of Pearl Innovations! Let me inform you!
- Security: My IT team (yes, by team I mean my husband :P) has informed me that my website is now SSL Certified. What does this mean??? Well, I got a new letter in URL if that’s what you’re wondering. That’s right, my HTTP is now HTTPS. This matters because it means that everything is going to be a lot more secure around here from now on. It also means that you don’t have to worry about hackers obtaining any information that you enter on my site. Trust is definitely the most important part of any relationship, and I’m so happy that I can share that with you all!
- The PopUp: Something else that you may notice on my website is the new pop-up subscribe button I have added. Don’t worry, I have it set so it doesn’t pop-up all the time for returning visitors. Honestly, it took me such a long time to figure out how to add this to my site. However, I received advice from another blogger to start using the plugin called PopupAlly. Once I started using this plugin, everything was simple. I was able to create the popup within a short amount of time. What does everyone think about it? Should I make any changes to it? I always appreciate the advice.
- Social Media: Lastly, while my site was down for two weeks, I really had a lot of time to focus on being more interactive on social media. It was nice to be so engaged with others outside of my website. I’m glad to say that my following on all of my accounts has increased. Again, this is mostly because of my participation with Facebook groups and networking with other bloggers. When you put in the work, though, it really does pay off in the long run.
What Are My Future Goals?
- Reach 50 Email Subscribers: I did not realize how hard this goal was going to be last month when I set my goal at 100 subscribers. Gaining 50 subscribers sounds much more attainable this month.
- Send Consistent Email Updates: Now that I have an email for my website, I think it is time to really start utilizing my subscriber list. I have not decided if I should be sending emails every week or every two weeks. Either way, I am definitely going to start sending them on a consistent basis. I am actually really excited to start doing this.
- Have My First Give Away: Yes, that’s right. I have something really excited planned within the next few weeks. I’m planning Pearl Innovations very first give away. I’m not going to say much about it because I want to keep things secret. I will say, that it is going to happen right here on my site. If you’re interested in participating, be sure to check back within the next few weeks for updates.
What Advice Can I Give?
This section of my post is dedicated to those that commented on my last post saying they were also a new blogger. I know that I am not very experienced in this realm, but I would love to give advice to anyone that could learn from what I have accomplished these past few weeks. Additionally, I’d love to receive advice from anyone that is willing to offer it. Here are some lessons I have learned this month:
- Have Backups. When suddenly all of your work becomes threatened by extinction, you have a real wake-up call. Something I was not doing was backing up all of my posts outside of my site. While the internet can be reliable, it is not always going to be 100% reliable. You never know what could happen. While I was lucky to get all of my work back, this may not always be the case for everyone. I can’t stress enough how important it is for me to have backups outside of WordPress now.
- Quality Over Quantity. When I first started my website, the only thing I wanted to do everyday was upload a new post. I wanted to get content on my site and I wanted to do it quick. However, I’m starting to realize now that there really is a lot of work that goes into creating a worthwhile read. That’s why I started limiting my posts uploads to 1-2 times a week. I have not decided for sure, but I think Thursdays will be the days that I upload. Thursdays are my favorite day, who agrees?
- Learn From Others. I have started asking other bloggers for advice when I really can’t figure out how to do something. I should have been doing this from the start. People are usually so willing to help that it is unbelievable. Best of all, they usually know exactly what you are going through because they have been there before. So, the next time you are really stuck, I definitely recommend reaching out to someone else to ask for help. Don’t be shy. It has saved me a lot of trouble these last few weeks.
This is everything that is going on in the world of Pearl Innovations. I just want to say thank you to everyone that has been patient and supportive while my site was down. As always, if you have any comments or suggestions, please let me know in the comments down below. Don’t forget to subscribe to Pearl Innovation’s newsletter.